Sunday, December 1, 2013

Vicksburg, MS

Visit Vicksburg

Above is the link for the Vicksburg online visitor's guide.  The official copy can also be requested at this site. It came with the Official Visitors Guide and the Vicksburg Area Nature Guide.

Vicksburg listings can also be found starting on page 286 of the AAA TourBook and in the book "1000 Places to See, in the USA and Canada, Before You Die"

Vicksburg is 3 hours and 17 minutes from Memphis and will make a perfect lunch stop in addition to a glimpse of the historic battle that took place here 151 years from the time we will be visiting.  This stop was inspired by a book Blake was reading, "A Chain of Thunder" by Jeff Shaara.  Maybe we should start a book club.  :)







1 comment:

  1. If anyone is interested, I have a bunch of other photos you could look at. Even though I have already been to Vicksburg, I would totally go and see it again. I thought it was a really interesting national park, where you can actually walk parts of the battlefield. I also liked the markers they had put up showing the farthest advances of different regiments. I am a big nerd, though.... :)

    ReplyDelete