Saturday, September 21, 2013

Costing an arm and a leg? You decide!! :)

Well!  Scratch that!!  The 15 passenger van, that is.
Enterprise Rental - $149.99/per day x 9 = $1349.91
(I will also note they do not include tax in their quotes and I don't even want to know what that would cost)
Mileage (2600 miles total) over 150/per day - $.40 x 1250 = $500.00
$1349.91 + $500 + gas = NO THANK YOU!

So, no good deal this year even though I mentioned the only reason I was calling them was because of their service and discounts for our Girl Scout council.  How many of us were or are registered Girl Scouts?  Never mind, it's their loss.

As a result, we will be taking two vehicles.  Bob's and Amy's.  Which just means we get to use our WALKIE TALKIES.  And, that's always a good day!!!  (There may be a "training" that takes place during Girl's Weekend!)  It will make packing a little different however, we should still have plenty of room if everyone only brings one outfit and their swimsuit.  lol   On a serious note, the timeshare facility does have washers and driers for us to use if we wanted to do a load of laundry.

In the pricing below, you will see a parking fee.  The timeshare charges $26 per day for parking.  I have read that we can park at the Harrah's casino for free if we gamble for 30 minutes per day.  Not sure which would be more cost effective although I don't mind playing there, I didn't want us to have to worry.... or have to drag all our belongings a few blocks.  As I always tell customers, it's easier to go down in fees than up.  Denise has let me know, we can pay her whatever we would like for the timeshare or I could work it off at her Just Between Friends events in October and May.  I would welcome additional help in May if anyone is available.  This past year, it was May 11th.  I was also thinking we should get her a nice gift certificate for doing this for us.  I'm open to suggestions and such.

The one subjective area will be food/drinks.  Not that we like to drink.  This is a church trip, right? 
We had talked about picnics while on the road but lunches and other meals while in NoLA will be something for us to discuss.  We always bring cases of water/beer/soda with us when we travel to cut down on costs two ways.  It's usually cheaper here and I'm not tempted to buy a bunch of junk from Festus, MO.  Unless any of you would like a shot glass from there.  Just let me know.
Also still up in the air are the attractions/activities to do while in New Orleans. 
We'll adjust the costs as we plan but here is the break down so far.

Travel Itinerary -  Saturday, June 28th - Sunday July 6th
     June 28 - Cahokia, IL
     June 29 - NoLA
     June 30 - NoLA
     July 1 - NoLA
     July 2 - NoLA
     July 3 - NoLA
     July 4 - Biloxi, MS
     July 5 - Springfield, IL
     July 6 - Home

Lodging -
     Cahokia, IL - Comfort Inn & Suites - 2 Rooms = 171.64
     NoLA - Wyndham La Belle Maison - $0
     Biloxi, MS - Quality Inn - 2 Rooms = $378.56
     Springfield, IL - Microtel Inn & Suites - 2 Rooms = $199.58

Gas -
     Based on 2 vehicles - $700

Attractions - pending....
     Jazzy Pass (NoLA street car) - $9.00 per person  ($3 per day unlimited)
     CoasTour Pass - $5.00 per person (Biloxi, 1 day unlimited pass)

Costs - $1709.78
     Lodging - $749.78
     Gas - $700.00
     Food - $
     Attractions - $
     Parking - $260.00

Per person - $213.72
Per couple - $427.44
    

No comments:

Post a Comment